Mosaic is an organic community born of the Spirit of God. Rooted and influenced by the word of God led and directed by the Spirit of grace. We are a revolutionary movement of followers of Jesus Christ committed to spiritual transformation, and the transformation of culture.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Great Post About "Hearing" The Voice Of God in Scripture

Whenever I hear people debate about what a passage in the bible actually means, I can't help but think this debate is moot.

What I mean is this. I believe that God intends a specific message for each person who reads any passage in the bible. The message he intends for you from reading it may not be the message that someone else needs to receive from the same passage.

So keep this in mind when you hear people debating what a passage means. There may be a different answer for each individual, all as valid as the other. The bible is not one-size-fits-all. It is tailored to each individual who reads it and prays for understanding.

Here is the blogpost that promted me to write the above.

Passage to The Almighty
Well things at Brunswick are moving along well, and we're slowly but steadily growing. Part of my "calling" there is teaching Sunday school wherever there is a need. Right now, I'm co-teaching the youth/college class. We're currently doing a study of Colossians. After this, I'm not sure what we'll be going through.

This is where reader participation comes in. Erwin McManus and the Mosaic Church in southern California has a series they are calling "Passages." The whole idea behind this series is to learn to hear the voice of God through the Scriptures. When the voice of God is heard from reading the Bible, it's not just red and black words on pages. Those words come to life as the Scriptures. They become passages... to conversation with God. With that said, I have been thinking about some of these passages that have connected with me. Here are just a few of these passages in my own life:


The Rest of The Story here


Mosaic Miami Church Website
Mosaic Miami Church Blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home